The 100 insurance professionals who comprise the Travelers Chorale love to sing and our passion for music has found joyful expression in the performance of more than 175 memorable holiday and spring concerts during our 89-year history.
Admission to our concerts is always free and open to the public and there is never a charge for parking. In lieu of performance admission charges, the Chorale traditionally collects nonperishable food items from our audiences for donation to local food banks. Over the years, your overwhelming generosity has yielded tens of thousands of pounds of donations. Our foodbank partners report that 40% of the beneficiaries have been Connecticut children.
And speaking of grand traditions, did you know the Travelers Chorale was founded in 1924 and is the oldest company-affiliated, eight-part choral group in America? You may also be surprised to learn that our vocal ensemble has proudly performed on the prestigious Bushnell Auditorium stage annually since its historic opening in 1930.
During our 90+ years of singing and entertaining, the Travelers Chorale has:
- performed at a World's Fair
- entertained Governor Jodi Rell and the Connecticut public at the Governor's Executive Residence
- sang at the Opening Ceremonies of PGA Championship golf tournaments
- led thousands of downtown Hartford carolers in seasonal song at Hartford's Festival of Light
- broadcast Christmas carols on live commercial radio
- collected thousands of pounds of nonperishable food and countless toys at annual concerts in lieu of admission to benefit those less fortunate in the Greater Hartford community
- received two official State of Connecticut Proclamations.
It is the mission of the Travelers Choral Club, Inc. to enhance culture by providing musical concerts and to conduct charitable activities including, without limitation, the collection of non-perishable donations for local foodbanks.